Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, October 11, 2012

Obabika Rocks!

Obabika Rocks - First Tumble - Daniel Johnson 2012

My wife is a rock hound. We collect rocks everywhere we go. One day we were walking the beach at Ranger Point and my wife collected these rocks. They sat in the back of our truck for a few weeks.

I met a man who was an avid outdoors-man,  photographer and rock tumbler. He said " I must collect some rocks from Obabika for my tumbler. A light bulb went off in my head, and I walked over to my truck, retrieved the rocks, and handed them over. I said " Each one hand picked with love and a keen eye for beauty...perfect for the tumbler!" Daniel accepted the rocks and Voila......first tumble.

I dont know a whole lot about the tumbling process, other than when complete, the rocks are a beautiful polished color and shape. I know it takes a long time too, and there are several "tumbles". This is a picture of tumble one.

I cant help but get caught up in the beauty of each of these stones. They are like jewels. Each one is a gift, from earth and time. Try to imagine the journey these rocks have taken...where they came from, and how they ended up hand selected for the tumbler.

Obabika Rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!